Chief Executive Officer & Partner
Chief Operating Officer & Partner
Tze Hoe Chan
An independent strategic capital firm focused on private equity investments in Asia
ZIDO specialises in unique investment situations involving family-owned business enterprises and founder or entrepreneur-centric businesses, leveraging deep knowledge and long-established relationships with mid-to-large sized family groups and government-related institutions across the region.
- ZIDO team consists of former executives of the Special Investments team at GIC (formerly the Government of Singapore Investment Corporation), one of the largest investment management firm in the world.
- ZIDO’s primarily sector expertise lies in industrial and consumer companies across Asia; the firm’s principals also have successful strategic portfolio experience in large private equity transaction including investment in one of the largest airport group in China and post-investment management of the leveraged buyout of 3rd largest water utility in the UK.
- Leveraging the principal’s family business experience and extensive network of institutional relationships, ZIDO builds unique industrial investment platforms by:
- Executing buyouts in “out-of-favour” industries where succession is a challenge but business growth is intact – focus on market leaders in niche sectors
- Partnering next-generation leaders in mid-market companies with significant growth orientation and internationalisation potential